What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is simply using someone's work and not acknowledging or giving credit to the original author(s).
I am plagiarizing if I:
- Intentionally duplicate or copy another person's work including copying directly from an article, book, or website
- Copy another student's assignment(s)
- Paraphrase another person's work, while making only minor changes and not changing the meaning or ideas presented by the original author(s)
- Copy sections of another person's work and piece these sections together to create a new whole
- Turn in an assignment that has been previously submitted for assessment and then take credit for the assignment
- Turn in an assignment as independent work when the assignment was produced in whole or part in collusion with another student(s), tutor(s), or person(s)